Friday, September 19, 2014

Pinteresting, Vol.3

Happy Friday and welcome to Pinteresting! The part of the show where I roundup my favorite pins from this week and share them with the world. I pin recipes, decorating ideas, religious stuff, teaching thoughts, funny stuff from Tumblr, kids' activities, crafting ideas, knitting/crochet patterns, and cute cat pictures. Anyway, my list of favorite pins this week is below. I may not get to post next Friday (not that any of you care) because next Friday I will be elbows deep in prepping for the Sweet Sixteen. We are T minus 8 days, people! I still have soooo much stuff to do, too, but I've got all weekend to do the time consuming stuff and next weekend will be the heavy lifting. On to the Pinteresting list!

1) 

Don't you love one pan meals? I sure do. Mostly because I really hate doing dishes but also because then I don't have to have a zillion different bowls out and make a mess of the whole kitchen. This looks delicious; it's full of mushrooms and tomatoes and spices and my two favorite things: garlic and mushrooms. (I don't know why, but I love garlic and mushrooms.) I'm going to try this soon as the weather (finally) begins to turn a bit cooler in a few weeks.

2) Speaking of cooler weather...

 
It's not cold here yet. In fact, we're just coming off a killer heat wave (it's been 105 for the last few days and only just cooled off yesterday-ish). But it's finally beginning to feel a bit cooler, a bit more like fall, and I'm so excited. I'm not the classic "cozy sweaters and lattes, yay!" type, but I'm beginning to wilt from all the summer heat. I'm ready for the sense of change and anticipation autumn brings. I'm also thinking about starting a monthly letter thing here inspired by Letters to July (not that intense, though), but more on that later, maybe.

3)

This is so freaking cute. I remember the story about the Whovian fanboying at Wal-Mart and I am so excited that the story continues. Stuff like this is really unrealistic and possibly completely fictional, but it gives me hope that one day I, too, will bump into someone in a bookstore who understands why I have strong feels about Francesca Lia Block's poetry. Probably won't ever happen, but I can dream.

4)

For me, nothing says "Fall is coming/here!" like Snickerdoodle cookies. They are seriously my favorite cookies and I love seeing all the clever (and sometimes crazy) variations people make on this classic cookie. My grandmother's recipe is still the best, but I'm not above trying out those wacky pumpkin pie flavored snickerdoodles. (Fun Fact: The girl who came up with this recipe has a cat named Pumpkin who likes the pumpkin snickerdoodles. I also once had a cat called Pumpkin. Cats for the win!)

5)


I think this is really clever! You put some toys and treats in a cut up gladware container and let your kitty go to town. This is actually on the list of things to do this weekend. If I get it done I'll post about it. I've been meaning to find some ways to stimulate Gatsby while we're at the office since we've been so busy that he doesn't get as much playtime as he used to... Poor kitty.

6)

All too often I fall into the trap of negative thinking and I'm one of those people who is easily overwhelmed and jaded by the awfulness of the world we live in. Things like this are a great reminder that our attitude shapes the world we live in and it's pretty easy to be our own sunshine - and we have the power to shine on others. 


That's it for this week's edition of Pinteresting! I always enjoy curating my favorite, most recent pins. If you're not currently on Pinterest, make sure you take a moment to say goodbye to your loved ones before you log on, because there's no going back! You can follow me on Pinterest (any or all of my boards, find your cup of tea) HERE.

love,
Willow
 

**Author's Note: None of the images in this post are my property. I have borrowed them from Pinterest and made my best effort to ensure that the Pinterest pages linked to link to an original source. If you see your work here and want it taken down please see my About page and contact me. Thank you for not suing.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!