Friday, October 10, 2014

Pinteresting, Vol. 4

Happy Friday and welcome to Pinteresting! The part of the show where I roundup my favorite pins from this week and share them with the world. I pin recipes, decorating ideas, religious stuff, teaching thoughts, funny stuff from Tumblr, kids' activities, crafting ideas, knitting/crochet patterns, and cute cat pictures.


1)



 I'm an old-fashioned person at heart (don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone and modern medicine and indoor plumbing) and I think old-fashioned values should make a comeback. Old fashioned values like being clear about your intentions when you date someone. The modern dating scene is complicated and confusing and nobody seems to say what they mean anymore and that is one of the main reasons I will probably be a spinster. Oh well.

2)


 Guys, I am trying so freaking hard to refrain from turning this into an OMG CHRISTMAS blog. Yet everywhere you look, Christmas stuff is popping up. Let's be real: Christmas stuff has been out since the day after Labor Day back in September. What the frick, y'all. Anyway, this is a super cool trick brought to us by the folks that deck the Rockefeller tree in NYC (and who knows better than them, amiright?) about stringing lights on the tree vertically to light your tree from the inside out so to speak. When I deck my tree in December, I'll let you know if this is legit or just a waste of lights.

3)


This is something that pretty much sums me up. My cat lives with me, comes to work with me (he's currently on the other side of my desk chowing down on kitty kibble) and is basically my bestest dude. I don't get out much these days - having no moneys as it happens - so I spend most of my time with the fuzzy beast.

4)


 I'm not entirely sure where it's from or who said it, but the caption on what I pinned was a quote from Thucydides:

"The society that separates scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides

I dunno, guys, I just think it's important to be "tempered by knowledge" and courageous as well. 

5) 


 The person who came up with this (the original poster's dad) is a damn genius. I have two big windows in our downstairs (yes, only two) and our front door is made of reinforced steel with a wiry metal security door in front of it. My mother has jerry-rigged (spelling?) an old welcome sign hanger that has various painted wrought-iron signs for all the seasons. Right now it's a jack-o-lantern. It's cute, but around the holidays I'd like to be able to hang a proper wreath. Maybe next month I'll diy a couple to hang on our windows with this idea. It's a wire hanger cut and shaped with pliers.

6)


If you're a knitter, you probably have a stash. I'm always running into a problem where I have tons of scraps leftover from my projects. Sometimes I can make other smallish projects, or I can do pom pom garlands or little bunting or baby stuff, but other times I'm at a loss. Enter these. I'm a big reader, my sister is a big reader, I have lots of readerly friends... and the readers I know and love will casually use an old tissue as a bookmark but there's something sweet and special about a fabric bookmark. These patterns call for superfine yarn (who actually uses that, really?) but I'm pretty sure they can be adapted for heavier weight yarn with a little jiggery-pokery.

7) 
 
This is important. Please write it down or put it in your phone. If not for you, then do it for someone else. I checked and the number is correct. Suicide is hard to talk about but the people at the other end of this number make it their job to talk about it. 


That's it for this week's edition of Pinteresting! I always enjoy curating my favorite, most recent pins. If you're not currently on Pinterest, make sure you take a moment to say goodbye to your loved ones before you log on, because there's no going back! You can follow me on Pinterest (any or all of my boards, find your cup of tea) HERE.

love,
Willow
 

**Author's Note: None of the images in this post are my property. I have borrowed them from Pinterest and made my best effort to ensure that the Pinterest pages linked to link to an original source. If you see your work here and want it taken down please see my About page and contact me. Thank you for not suing.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!