Friday, October 17, 2014

Pinteresting, Vol. 5

Happy Friday and welcome to Pinteresting! The part of the show where I roundup my favorite pins from this week and share them with the world. I pin recipes, decorating ideas, religious stuff, teaching thoughts, funny stuff from Tumblr, kids' activities, crafting ideas, knitting/crochet patterns, and cute cat pictures.

On to the Pinteresting list!

1)
The Freckled Fox is seriously an internet gem. She has looooooong hair but her hairstyles work for almost everyone. Also, she talks about how to make a style work for different types of hair in most of her tutorials. This one is pretty labor intensive, but if you're going to a Mad Men or Gatsby party or dressing up for Halloween or a wedding, this look is so classic. Go look at her other tutorials because they are awesome.

2)  
This cute Flower Stitch
This is really cute and would be a fun motif to play with (if I ever get around to stitching things in a designerly way - someday maybe). The page it's from even has a video that shows you how to do it which is neat. Somebody want to make a doll blanket or something with this flower stitch as a border or something?

3)

I know, summer's over and we've crossed into pumpkin-spice-flavored-everything season, but I came across these and they are so cute! I love lemony flavored sweet stuff and I really can't get over how the centers of the sunflowers are oreos. I'm definitely going to make these for some summery occasion next year.

4)
Mr. Rogers. Everyone's favorite cardigan-wearing neighbor says it best. It's hard to remember in today's "Cult of Parenthood" that children don't really need to speak Spanish before they're 5 - they need to know how to play. Play is how they learn cause and effect, consequences, problem solving, interpersonal relationships, communication, and a host of other things that are vital to being functional, productive, healthy adults. Disagree if you will, but I'd rather hang out with kids who have wild imaginations than kids who can talk back to me in 4 languages.

5)

I love baking for my neighbors and friends. I hate giving these treats on my good plates or worse - a boring, flimsy paper plate. This hack comes to the rescue! I have tons of ribbon in a box in my closet that I pull out from time to time and use to decorate gift bags and things. Why not use it to dress up a disposable paper plate? Now you can give away delicious baked goodies with lovely presentation without having to come knocking 2 weeks later asking for your decorative plate back. Win-win!

6)

If you're like me and rent your current accommodations, decorating can be a bit of a challenge. You're (generally) not allowed to punch holes in the walls and you don't want to use too much tape because after a while tape will rip away the paint and then you lose your security deposit which leads to lots of sad faces all around. :( Tacks still put holes in the walls but they're far less intrusive than nails and tape and magnets are fun. I don't know if this is the best solution but it certainly looks neat!



That's it for this week's edition of Pinteresting! I always enjoy curating my favorite, most recent pins. If you're not currently on Pinterest, make sure you take a moment to say goodbye to your loved ones before you log on, because there's no going back! You can follow me on Pinterest (any or all of my boards, find your cup of tea) HERE.

love,
Willow
 

**Author's Note: None of the images in this post are my property. I have borrowed them from Pinterest and made my best effort to ensure that the Pinterest pages linked to link to an original source. If you see your work here and want it taken down please see my About page and contact me. Thank you for not suing.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!