Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yarn Along - Keep (Jaclyn) Weird

Greetings! Obviously one of favorite things is reading, but I also quite love knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little link-up so once you're done here go visit and see what everyone else is up to.

 


I meant to post this last week or the week before. I dunno, ever since the party happened my head is all screwy. Read on!

I finished M's Snowflakes hat. It's currently blocking along with my Cedar Leaf Shawlette.  Still in hyper-Christmas-knit mode, I immediately cast on for J's version of the Checked Slouch. I've had to go a little slower on this one, though, because so much knitting (I finished M's hat in 11 days!) with so much wool was actually drying out my hands and making them hurt. At least, I'm blaming the wool. It may be something completely different, but I'm blaming the wool.


**UPDATE** Jac's hat is basically done, I just need to weave in ends and block and give it a pom-pom (because what is the point of a funky hat if it doesn't have a pom pom!?). I don't think it looks too Christmasy, and neither do you, got it? Good. Also, the party was fun.

It does not look like a Christmas hat. Shut up.

I'm doing J's hat in cream, a dark coral/rose, and a light, springy green. I'm praying it doesn't look too Christmasy. Does it look too Christmasy? I was originally going to do it with a dark tweedy green but it definitely looked like Christmas. I switched to the darker blue from M's hat and it started looking like the 4th of July or a berry cobbler hat. Argh! So I went with a Kramer Perfection wool blend in a lighter green and so far it looks more like spring than Christmas.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic. But see? It's called Sprout!

I plan to work a few more rows and make a decision on Sunday because OMG SWEET SIXTEEN. I'm starting to freak out. We have about 35 confirmed guests which means we're planning on about 10 walk-ins and we're still working on the playlist and I'm beginning to panic. It'll be fine, I'm sure. I just need the week to go by faster.

Oh, I called the project "Keep (Jaclyn) Weird" as a play on the famous "Keep Portland Weird" and the fact that this sister is particularly proud of her weirdness. High school, man. I don't miss that part of it.

Reading lately: Honestly, not much. As I finished Snowflakes I was watching Bones on Netflix and focusing on the decreases. Then I cast on for J's hat and I've been party-prepping and haven't done a lot of reading. I did pick up and read a few chapters of Why Do Catholics Eat Fish on Friday? the last couple of nights. It's very entertaining and full of history (so very much something I love). I'm all but done with it though, so I think I'll go back to listening to Neverwhere and perhaps pick up The Privilege of Being Catholic for my bedtime reading.

That's it for me and this week's knitting! What are you knitting or reading this week? Let me know in comments and then hop on over to Ginny's and see what everyone else is up to. Then, think of me fondly as I work madly to pull off an epic Sweet Sixteen. (Do you get my joke? I made a "Think of Me" reference and it's a masquerade party, a la Phantom of the Opera? Get it???)




Love,

Willow

 *Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in this post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with my express permission. See my About Page for details.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!