Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Yarn Along - Too Coowl for School

Greetings! Obviously one of favorite things is reading, but I also quite love knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little link-up so once you're done here go visit and see what everyone else is up to.

 


The Christmas knitting crazy fest continues! For serious, I was babysitting last Saturday night and after the littles went to sleep I wrapped up J's this-is-not-a-Christmas-themed-hat slouch. As in, I was finishing the last round of decreases as the parents walked in at 10pm. The next day (or was it that night? who remembers these things?), I cast on for this cowl. I'm making it for my cousin who asked me nicely to knit her something for Christmas and since she wears the stuff I make her, she gets what she wants.  

It's a darker, cooler red than this. The light was wonky. Mea culpa.

I met the Cables and Eyelets Cowl a few years ago, and it started with the hat which can be found here. I love the hat, I love the pattern, I love that a Harry Potter superfan figured out how to knit something our darling Hermione wore in one scene of a movie... And I love that it so perfectly modifies into a cowl. It's great. The first one I made was meant for a friend but I wound up keeping it and sweet heavens it is the most delicious thing to have around one's neck! I'm very excited to make one for my darling cousin, C--------.

Reading: I haven't just been reading, I've been lesson planning. It's that time of year again! Yes, it's mid-October and that means that Confirmation classes are starting up NEXT WEEK so I'm hard at work putting together the first few discussions. I always feel better about starting classes when I know I have the first few weeks planned. I'm teaching 2nd year preparation this year which is a whole new ballgame for me, so do send up a little prayer for me that I don't muck it up too badly? Much thanks. The curriculum our parish uses is college level material for the 2nd years. Oh, lordy...

Found at THIS Etsy Shop


If you want to know what else I've got on my needles, head on over to my Ravelry page for a look-see.

That's it for me today. What have you been knitting and reading lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!

Love,

Willow
 
*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. The "Coffee and Jesus" print is property of Evan Bell and linked to that Etsy shop. All other images used in this post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with my express permission. See my About Page for details.*


2 comments:

  1. I love those cables. The cowl will be awesome. I cannot wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! My favorite thing about this pattern is definitely the textures of the cables. It's great for showcasing a yarn like this, which blocks beautifully. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day!