Friday, January 9, 2015

Pinteresting, Vol. 11

Happy Friday and welcome to Pinteresting! The part of the show where I roundup my favorite pins from this week and share them with the world. I pin recipes, decorating ideas, religious stuff, teaching thoughts, funny stuff from Tumblr, kids' activities, crafting ideas, knitting/crochet patterns, and cute cat pictures.


1) 
 Don't these look yummy? The recipe calls for seasoned stuffing mix, but since I'm not a huge fan of stuffing (it's great for Thanksgiving, but past that - no thank you) I may substitute breadcrumbs or crushed seasoned croutons instead. These look like a nice little snack for having people 'round when you don't want to make it a dinner party.

2)

I like this list. It's pretty simple but it's still a good list of little things to make your life better. This list is something I try to incorporate with my New Year's Resolutions of being happier, healthier, and more organized.

3) 
Click through and read this article by Mary at Better Than Eden. It's simple and beautiful and lovely and made me sit at my desk for a few minutes and think. It's just really good. Go read it and then let's all be stars, okay?

4) 
 Sometimes I come across funny Hogwarts headcanons and they remind me how much I love the Harry Potter fandom (which is clearly still alive and well!). Looking back at the series you have to wonder how on earth Dumbledore rationalized hiring the buffoon that was Lockhart - this gives us a possible explanation.

5)

So Julie at Knitted Bliss was doing a January sponsors show-&-tell and one of them designs patterns for people from babies to grown ups (have you ever seen a kids' pattern you longed for in your size? me too) and my favorites are the little hooded cowls. They look so warm and cozy! And adorable! Go look.
     Also, these patterns make me wish I lived somewhere cold and snowy so I could wear these. It's not quite cold enough here in sunny SoCal. Our "cold snap" over the holidays had nighttime temps dropping to the high 30s whereas in Vermont right now the temperature is a whopping 18 F. Yikes!

6) 

Doesn't this look delish? I love avocados, even though they're more expensive off-season. I'm not sure I'd even use this for pasta sauce; I might just cut the recipe in half and use it as a spread on a quinoa-asparagus wrap with cherry tomatoes. Mmmm...

That's it for this week's edition of Pinteresting! I always enjoy curating my favorite, most recent pins. If you're not currently on Pinterest, make sure you take a moment to say goodbye to your loved ones before you log on, because there's no going back! You can follow me on Pinterest (any or all of my boards, find your cup of tea) HERE. Happy weekend!

love,
Willow


P.S. What do you guys think about my new blog design? I'm still tweaking it a bit, but I think it's a lot easier to read than the old one and maybe a little more viewer-friendly? I'd love to hear some feedback in comments.

**Author's Note: None of the images in this post are my property. I have borrowed them from Pinterest and made my best effort to ensure that the Pinterest pages linked to link to an original source. If you see your work here and want it taken down please see my About page and contact me. Thank you for not suing.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!