Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wildflower Cardigan, Weeks 14-15

Greetings! Obviously one of favorite things is reading, but I also quite love knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little link-up so once you're done here go visit and see what everyone else is up to.



We are ALMOST DONE.  I picked up for the neckband last night (I'm a week behind because the phrase "pick up and knit" strikes terror into my little heart) with extra help from dear Karen. It was nice to have her sitting next to me while I did it (mostly) on my own because it's been a crummy week and if left to my own devices I probably would have thrown the whole project across the room and started crying. 

It's been that kind of week, I tell ya.

But I'm working on the neckband after finishing my sleeves and blocking my fronts properly. My hope is to be done with the neckband and at least partially through the button band by the time I go to bed tonight, because I want to catch up. We're meeting up at Lorene's house tomorrow night to start seaming and I'm well aware that seaming this project together is going to take a long time. I'm not super concerned about it being hard, just time consuming. However, I do want to set in the sleeves with Karen or even Jayne looking over my shoulder, just in case I do something incredibly stupid.



Sleeves Blocking

Reading:
I've been listening to the Audible version of Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore on and off lately. It's pretty interesting, and I like that the story is told from the perspective of a 20-something like myself (there really aren't that many books out there that target us - the genres go from YA to Adult Fiction without paying much attention to the 20-something). It's definitely not my favorite book and it's not the best thing I've ever read, but the voice actor doing the narrating does a good job. 


If you want to know what else I've got on my needles, head on over to my Ravelry page for a look-see.

 Bonus pic of Gatsby using the body of my cardigan as a pillow

That's it for me today - next week hopefully I'll be almost done seaming and can show off some pics of that.  What have you been knitting and reading lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!



Love, 

Willow



*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in this post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with my express permission. See my About Page for details.*




4 comments:

  1. Ha! Those cats...
    I hope your steaming and seaming session goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. :) I'll definitely post a seaming update next week - hopefully it will look somewhat like a cardigan instead of just a bunch of lumpy bits and pieces...

      Delete
  2. Hope the seaming went well, the sleeves look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy! :) I'll be sure to update next week with my seaming progress.

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day!