Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Yarn Along - Wildflower Cardigan, Week 16

Greetings! Obviously one of favorite things is reading, but I also quite love knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little link-up so once you're done here go visit and see what everyone else is up to.




So close, we are so, so close to being finished! I have successfully picked up and finished my neckband (thank you, Karen!!!) as well as my button band, and I am all but done with my buttonhole band. After that I only have to set in the sleeves and seam everything up. Only. *sigh*

 A thousand apologies for the absolutely appalling photos this week...
 
Haven't been reading much lately because I went to a Blogging Conference which I will post about later this week (probably tomorrow or Friday) and also, the Roommate is moving in this weekend! She's actually coming over this evening to drop off some stuff and get her keys so I've been busy busy getting the house tidied up. For some reason I'm always a mess after I take a weekend away. Whether it's a retreat or a mini vacation or house sitting, my housekeeping takes a major dive when I'm away from home for more than one night. 

The neck band is knit first and then the button band and buttonhole bands are picked up after.

Anyway, it's unlikely I'll actually meet the deadline of being done with this cardigan by tomorrow (our original goal), but hopefully by next week? Difficult to say but I'll do my darndest.


That's it for me today - next week hopefully I'll be almost done seaming and can show off some pics of that.  What have you been knitting and reading lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!



Love, 

Willow



*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in this post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with my express permission. See my About Page for details.*



6 comments:

  1. So glad we got to meet at the conference! Looking forward to seeing the complete cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been reading your blog a bit and I just love what you're writing and I'm so glad we got to meet! Thanks for your sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Just popped in from Yarn along. I am looking forward to seeing your cardigan because I love Wee wildflower and will be knitting Wildflower for myself soon. Have you been taking part in the Alana-along? I'll be adding you to my blog roll so I don't miss the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for stopping by! My "knitting godmother" did the Wee Wildflower and it came out so cute. I've got a ton of notes on my Ravelry page about things I would change with this pattern and some of the challenges my little group encountered as we worked through it. Not part of the Alana-along, just a group of knitting friends who all really wanted to do the same project together. When we're all done I'll post a wrap-up with pictures of all of us. I love your Gnarled Oak!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your conference post - very interested. Your cardigan looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! It's been a loooong work in progress so my knitting group and I are very excited to be nearing the finish line!

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day!