Friday, May 1, 2015

Pinterest, Vol. 17

Happy Friday and welcome to Pinteresting! The part of the show where I roundup my favorite pins from this week and share them with the world. I pin recipes, decorating ideas, religious stuff, teaching thoughts, funny stuff from Tumblr, kids' activities, crafting ideas, knitting/crochet patterns, and cute cat pictures.


 1)


This quote from St. Faustina has so much going on in it, I'm still trying to unpack all of it. I've been thinking a lot about suffering lately (I'm trying to write a post about it but it's really hard) and this quote about suffering perfecting our ability to love others brings it into clearer perspective.

2)


This post is one of my favorite things I've read in the last two weeks. I'm very familiar with having little people barge into adults' conversations and sometimes insisting that they say, "Excuse me" before they interrupt results in them screaming it at you and then yelling what's on their mind anyway. This mom's method is much simpler - and quieter - and gives kids a sense of empowerment with the "secret code." I can't wait to start using it with the little ones in my life.

3)


I don't know which state she represents but this young woman is clearly more than a pretty face. I'd love to see what she could do with 20 minutes if this is what she did with 20 seconds.

4) 
Kendra is always so spot on with the stuff she writes.  In this post she explains how she introduces her kids to fine art and culture. Her methods may not work for everyone but it works for her family and I think her approach is both practical and effective. Go read it!

5)


Ignoring the alarming lack of possessive apostrophes present, I couldn't help but laugh at this Secretary's Day card. As someone who is an Administrative Professional/Office Manager/Executive Assistant/the only one who actually knows what's going on, I have a deep appreciation for it.

I think it is tremendously important for more people to see this. I realized a while ago that there are a lot of things I'm not informed enough about to form an opinion. I don't have a problem saying that. I'm the kind of person who would rather hear both sides of an issue than just make a snap judgment and I sincerely hope that more people will come to the same conclusion.


That's it for this week's edition of Pinteresting! I always enjoy curating my favorite, most recent pins. If you're not currently on Pinterest, make sure you take a moment to say goodbye to your loved ones before you log on, because there's no going back! You can follow me on Pinterest (any or all of my boards, find your cup of tea) HERE. Happy weekend!

love,
Willow


**Author's Note: None of the images in this post are my property. I have borrowed them from Pinterest and made my best effort to ensure that the Pinterest pages linked to link to an original source. If you see your work here and want it taken down please see my About page and contact me. Thank you for not suing.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!