Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Yarn Along - Tali's Tallulah, Week 3

Greetings! Obviously one of favorite things is reading, but I also quite love knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little link-up so once you're done here go visit and see what everyone else is up to.


I haven't done as much knitting this week as I intended, since I've been doing quite a bit of writing instead (there's another book review coming your way!). In any case, I've been working diligently on the stockinette body since I separated the sleeves, and I'm coming up on a place where I will have to decide if I want more stockinette for the body or if I want to do it exactly to pattern with a large ribbed section at the bottom. Personally, I don't really like the look of more than 1 - 1.5 inches of ribbing. Well, part of it is not liking the way it looks and part of it is I don't like having to knit that much ribbing! So I'm weighing my options and I'll decide probably by next week. If you have an opinion, please let me know in comments! The original pattern is here and my project page is here if you want to see what I'm talking about.


Reading Lately:
I'm making progress in my latest Camino read, To the Field of Stars. The prose is still beautiful and he's a wonderful storyteller. He's also quite funny and doesn't take himself too seriously, which is totally refreshing after Jack Hitt's take on things. I'll keep you posted as I keep reading. Oh, and you can also keep track of what I'm reading on Goodreads (in case you feel like stalking my every move, hehe).



That's it for me today. You can also find notes and detailed specs on this project on my Ravelry Page. What have you been reading and knitting lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!

Love,

Willow






*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in the post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with express permission. See the About Page for details.*





2 comments:

  1. I have found ways to read while knitting, but I haven't found a way to write while knitting, so I totally sympathize that if you are making good progress with your writing, then the knitting suffers! Been there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way I can read while knitting is if I'm listening to an audiobook. For some reason I can watch movies or TV shows and knit but I can't move my eyes across the page. Do you have a secret trick or something? But yes, much blog writing means less knitting. Thanks for the sweet comment. :)

      Delete

Your lovely comments make my day!