Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Yarn Along - Tali's Tallulah, Week 4

Greetings! Obviously one of my favorite things is reading, but I'm also very fond of knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little weekly link-up where we showcase what we're working on and what we're reading. Once you're done here, head on over and see what everyone else is up to!



I got so much knitting done this week and I'm quite proud of myself. I had almost 3 hours of knitting time at my Saturday night babysitting job plus another 3 hours on Sunday night. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my smaller size needle on Sunday so I didn't get to start on the ribbing of the hem on the body until Monday. Monday turned out to be quite successful knit-wise because I had to take my Oma to check-up with her optometrist and wound up sitting in the waiting room for about an hour working on the ribbing. Monday night was more babysitting so I got even more of it done and after a couple more rows I'll be ready to finish up the sleeves! So much knitting!!!



Reading:
I'm still working my way through To the Field of Stars and I'm still really enjoying it. There are a few things about it that aren't so wonderful, but on the whole I'm really enjoying it. It's reading like a real story instead of a travelogue or guidebook (so it's refreshingly different from my last two Camino reads) and I'm really loving Fr. Codd's writing style.


In other knit-related news, I got a new knitting bag! I'd been using a cloth tote/shopping bag for a long while and it was falling apart. Julie at Knitted Bliss ran a post about her sponsors for the month and one of them is Madbird Knitting & Accessories who makes knitting bags and totes and the like, and there was a discount code offered so I figured I'd look. They're rather pricey but the fabrics are so beautiful and the totes are really sturdy, plus I really needed a new dedicated knit bag and I had a discount code so I went for it and bought the large butterfly tote. (Apparently the butterfly one is sold out but I've linked to one that's the same size and type in a different fabric.) It even came with a small zippered pouch for notions and a built in yarn guide that snaps so you can change the yarn you're working with whenever you want! And the tote itself has a magnetic closure which is really nice, and longish handles. Look at it!



Isn't it preeeeeeeeeetty? Here's a collage of all the features:
 


I'm not making any money from this post or all the linking, I'm just really excited about my new knitting bag. I'm definitely looking forward to using it when my knitting group starts our next sweater project at the end of the summer. It's the perfect size for a medium to large project like that (a blanket would be way too big but a sweater should fit nicely!).




Whew! That's it for me today. You can also find notes and detailed specs on this project on my Ravelry Page. What have you been reading and knitting lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!

Love,

Willow






*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in the post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with express permission. See the About Page for details.*





1 comment:

Your lovely comments make my day!