Monday, July 13, 2015

Answer Me This, Vol. 20 - Ice, Ice, Slushie

Summer is here and Kendra over at Catholic All Year has done the entire internet a huge favor by bringing back probably my favorite link-up in the history of ever: Answer Me This! Every Sunday from now until August we will answer 6 questions as asked by Kendra and link-up to share our answers. It's the internet's favorite cocktail party and I'm so happy it's back.


1. At what temperature do you keep the thermostat set? Summer, winter, day, night?
I try to be conservative with energy but I have a very small house so it doesn't take a lot to change the temperature. In the winter I'll usually only turn the heater on at night to about 68F since heat rises and bedrooms are upstairs. In the summer when the temperatures get above 88 we turn the AC on and leave it at 76. The nice thing is that since during the day our house is mostly shady it doesn't kick on until the afternoon when my roommate and I are getting home and then when it shuts off in the cool of the evening we open up the windows. The heat wave that was killing us for a few weeks has finally abated and we can start doing that because we've had the AC on nonstop since it's been hovering in the 90s.



2. What is your favorite frozen beverage?

ICEEs, no question. I looooove ICEES. I cannot go to a movie without one in my hand, and I like it to be mixed red and blue. Note that it doesn't need to be an "ICEE" in particular; any slushie-type drink is fabulous as long as it isn't Coca-Cola flavored. Soft drink flavors and crushed ice in a blender don't mix.

I'm also a big fan of a frozen strawberry daquiri. Because delicious and rum. 

Efforts were made to secure a photo of me with a delicious ICEE. No such luck was had since Saturday was "Free Slurpee Day" at 7-11 and mine turned out to be awful. Never again, 7-11. Never. Again.


3. Where do you keep your keys?
In a basket by the front door. I put this pretty little end table to good use as kind of an "entry way/landing zone" so I have a basket for my keys (I have multiple sets for various things - it's nutty) and a basket for my glasses (too much eyewear!) as well as Gatsby's leash (yes, I walk my cat). Sometimes I have to clear away the clutter but it's been highly effective in preventing loss of keys and glasses, both necessary for driving. My purse and shoes get stashed underneath it with the cat carrier. 

 



4. Have you ever really been lost?
In life? Absolutely. Please refer to 3-4 years ago when I was a total hot mess of "lost."
Directionally? I have a pretty good sense of direction and don't get lost easily. I have, however, been lost at Target (mom almost left me there!) and I once got spectacularly lost on the other side of my hometown when I was 16 trying to find a gas station. I ran out of gas on the side of the road and had to call my dad in tears while my mother berated me for being stupid on the other end of the line. It was wholly unpleasant and I have since been really really contentious about having the directions for places in my head before setting out and having directions printed. I hate being lost and like knowing where I'm headed.



5. What is the last movie you saw in the theaters?
Ummmm...... I really don't want to say that it was The Fault in Our Stars last June but... I'm pretty sure it's officially been over a year since I sat in a movie theater with my ubiquitous Icee (it's become a ritual - can't see a movie without one anymore). I know my roommate really wants to see Me and Earl and The Dying Girl, an indie film that won some pretty big awards at Sundance (it looks like a good story, too) and I definitely plan on seeing Paper Towns when it comes out in about 2 weeks. Maybe I'll go see a movie when my Roommate is gone this weekend...
 
That's it for this round of Answer Me This!  If you have a blog, answer the questions and link up with us over at Kendra's in this post. Don't have a blog but still want to play? That's okay because the whole thing is made up and the posts don't matter - leave your answers in the comments either at Kendra's post or right here! I'd love to hear from you!



love,

Willow




*Note: The Answer Me This logo image belongs to Kendra Tierney over at Catholic All Year and is used as part of a link-up only. All other images in this post are property of Whitney Miller.* 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!