Thursday, October 29, 2015

Yarn Along - Lila's Tallulah, Weeks 7&8

Greetings! Obviously one of my favorite things is reading, but I'm also very fond of knitting. Ginny over at Small Things hosts a lovely little weekly link-up where we showcase what we're working on and what we're reading. Once you're done here, head on over and see what everyone else is up to!


So after finishing my pumpkins, I decided it was time to stop dithering and get back to work on sweet Lila's Hanukkah cardigan. Since Hanukkah begins the second week of December this year, I should probably get to finishing it! I finished all the increases and divided the sleeves over the weekend and started the 4.25 inches of stockinette I need before the ribbing at the bottom. Since mindless stockinette is one of my favorite things, I can catch up on TV shows or listen to audio books while I do it. 

The Red Notebook is a delightful French novella that I read on my way back from Portland a few weeks ago.  I'll post a book review of it in the next week or so. I know the cardigan comes off as a little bit red in this picture but I promise it's pretty and pink!

Unfortunately last night's Knit Night devolved into a night of drinking, and I didn't get quite as much done as I'd intended.  A few hours of giggling with Karen over Jameson to take my mind off my current concerns (send up a prayer for me for discernment if you're the praying type, eh?) was more than worth the knitting I didn't get done. I feel like sometimes I spend so much time ruminating and agonizing over decisions that I really need a friend who will stop me mid-complaint and say, "If we're going to have this conversation, we're not going to stay sober," before putting a glass of ice in front of me. 

Reading:
I finished The Secret History about 2 weeks ago and my brain is still a little broken. I've been dithering back and forth over what to read or listen to next. I'm thinking I might try Sense & Sensibility on Librivox since Elizabeth Klett does all things Austen and her voice is so perfect for it. On the other hand, I may indulge in a little Northanger Abbey due to the spooky sense of Halloween in the air.

Who knows, maybe I'll pick up or listen to something completely different. I have plenty of titles in my Audible collection I haven't listened to yet and oodles of books on my Kindle I should read. I may also go back to Scary Stories to Read In the Dark just because. 

Speaking of books I read, in case you missed it, I posted a book review on the last camino book I plan to read this year. It's a lovely memoir of the camino told by a Catholic priest. You can read my review HERE.


That's it for me today. You can also find notes and detailed specs on this project on my Ravelry Page. For more of what I'm reading, find me on Goodreads. What have you been reading and knitting lately? Let me know in comments and then head over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to!
Love,

Willow






*Author's Note: The Yarn Along button in this post is property of Ginny Sheller and is used with permission. All other images used in the post as well as text are (c)Whitney Miller and may be used only with express permission. See the About Page for details.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!