Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2015 Reading Goals in Review

Hey, y'all, remember when I was like, "I'm gonna read 40 books this year!" and we all shook our heads and laughed a little because there was no way in reality that that would actually happen?

Get ready to giggle some more, because WOW did I fail!





To review, my goals back in February included the following:

Read 40 books:

4 previously un-read classics
8 otherwise previously un-read books
5 nonfiction
10 or so re-reads

You can check out the more detailed list (with titles!) of what I meant to read HERE.

What did I actually end up reading? Let's have a look....


(Not all the books I read are shown - some are on loan to people in far-flung places)

8 re-reads:
The Ruins of Gorlan
The Burning Bridge
The Icebound Land
The Battle for Skandia
The Sorceror of the North
The Siege of Macindaw
A Pirate's Love
The Ramsay Scallop
 
3 nonfiction memoirs:
My Life in France - Review
To the Field of Stars - Review
Off the Road - Review
 
3 nonfiction "manuals":
True Ladies and Proper Gentlemen
The Perfectly Imperfect Home
Camino de Santiago: Practical Preparation and Background - Review
 
1 novella:
The Red Notebook
 
10 new novels:
Love Letters to the Dead (audiobook)
The Secret History (audiobook)
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (audiobook)
The Thirteenth Tale (audiobook)
The Kings of Clonmel 
Erak's Ransom
Halt's Peril
The Emperor of Nihon-Ja
The Lost Stories
The Royal Ranger 

I also started but never finished: Sense & Sensibility, This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage, Game of Thrones, and The Meaning of Night. Couldn't finish any of those. I also read a lot of fanfiction (most of it novel length) in the last couple of months but fanfiction doesn't really count and you can't really log it in your Goodreads counter. Bummer that.

So I only read 25 books this year, 63% of my total intended 40 books. I'm not really disappointed and I'm certainly not beating myself up about it (really, what's the point of that?)  And I only wrote 4 book reviews! Can you believe it!? I'm working on a bunch of them, though, it's just a matter of sitting down and finding my favorite quotes from them. Also, I have to actually re-read the print versions of the audiobooks I listened to this year so I can write a coherent review. So those will be on my list of books to re-read and then write up reviews.

I've got plans for what I'm going to read in 2016, but you'll have to wait for that list until Friday!

Did you read anything awesome in 2015? Let me hear about it in the comments!


Until next time,
Willow




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day!